Youth Voice Committee
BABI’s Youth Voice team assist in developing relevant programs which BABI subsequently develops and hosts (as part of the LINX Youth Space). The Youth Voice Committee consult with young people in the local community.
Youth Voice Committee aims to hear and keep the issues of local young people visible.
Those involved in BABI’s Youth Voice Committee are between the ages of 12 and 25 and live in the Wynnum/Manly area or the surrounding region.
Young people are invited to:
- Share their ideas
- Organise youth and community events in Wynnum/Manly (Bayside) area Including National Youth Week event and BayWave Youth and Community Festival.
- Promote youth activities and workshops in the local community
- Build on their leadership skills and attend leadership camps
- Have a Voice on issues of concern
- Talk to other young people to get feedback about services provided to them.
- Celebrate young people’s contribution to the Community
- Provide feedback to BABI regarding its services to local youth and families, to ensure continuous improvement.
Youth Voice Committee is great for young people wanting to give back to the community, develop leadership skills, participate in events planning, and other volunteer opportunities.
Contact BABI if you are interested in joining the Youth Voice Committee. 3393 4176 or email email@example.com
Youth Leadership Camp
BABI aims to run Youth Leadership Camps annually, though this is dependent on the availability of funding. Leadership camps bring together local young people who are passionate about developing themselves and contributing positively to their community.
Camps aim to provide opportunities for young people to:
- Recognise and articulate their own strengths and leadership qualities;
- Develop strategies for working with others, improve team work skills, collaboration and develop strong friendships;
- Strengthen their individual self-esteem and confidence
- Understand the issues that influence our community’s future and facilitate their discussion of these;
- Learn new skills and take on new challenges by “getting out of their comfort zone”.
- Be inspired and empowered to become local ambassadors and advocates of community leadership among their peers.
Watch BABI’s Facebook and Instagram pages for information about the availability of Leadership Camps.